In 1904 School House was the headmaster’s residence but his school was still in the Old Grammar School building on Church Walk. : the new Grammar School was not opened until 1907.Behind it on the horizon is Leys House, which eventually fell ( some say it was pushed) into Dale Quarry- that was also the fate of the magnificent ancient tree visible as a large black blob in the middle of the photo.