The bridge over Harrison Drive named after Cllr W Harrison, dates from the late 1930’s and in our 1950s photo we can see the War Memorial which wasn’t erected until 1940 . Nowadays it has pride of place next to the Peace Stone in the Memorial Gardens on St John Street where we see Ron and Dyllis Elliker proudly standing guard for the Queen’s visit in the late 1980’s